Friday, July 17, 2009

The need for more blocks.


Our Live is Not a Movie or Maybe - Okkervil River

Life is like a block tower that you've built...and sometimes the tower's gotten a bit tall, and it's maybe teetering. If you had more blocks, you could build up the sides of your tower, and it wouldn't be quite so tippy. As it is, you've got two left, there's your favorite, the one you've been saving for the top, and the one your dog chewed, and you always leave because it doesn't look right.

You could take some off the top, build a broader base, but you've never had one so tall. You sit and stare, all inaction and nervousness, as you wait for it to crash down to the carpet.

I think tomorrow is a good day to make a list of priorities, and organize the rest of my summer. This is not something I want to do. I would much rather stack and stack my blocks, but then again, I really don't want them all to come crashing down.

And now, tonight's walk! Wes and I walked a mile (round trip) to get a Peppermint Pattie, a wonderful after dinner choice. Here are some of the things we saw:

A small combo of buckets:
From North City 7-16-09


In which Kyle McLachlan is about to find an ear in the grass:
From North City 7-16-09


Get this fence out of the way, and I will tear you up.
From North City 7-16-09


Yeah, he'll tear you up!
From North City 7-16-09


Please help me.
From North City 7-16-09


Yeah, it's mine.
From North City 7-16-09


I love this house, I love the windows, the wood shingles, and I really dig the character above the door...
From North City 7-16-09


Hey! You're not a real deer.
From North City 7-16-09


Delivering beans to the Mexican restaurant:
From North City 7-16-09


I love the Mexican grocery store:
From North City 7-16-09


Graffiti can be really great, if you have great ideas or art to express. Sometimes it's just this:
From North City 7-16-09


Cat of the Night:
From North City 7-16-09

From North City 7-16-09


Okay, off to bed with you, kiddo. You've got a big day tomorrow. I'm hitting the sack, too.

1 comment:

E Flo said...

Set those pups free!