Sunday, May 3, 2009

Walking Around on a Nice, Warm Evening...


Close Call - Rilo Kiley

Hello! It's been a weekend of riding - 31 miles on Saturday (killed me!), and 49 miles this morning (fantastic, if painful in my feet and bum). And, if biking was the morning, walking was the evening game. Last night, I walked seven miles at the Relay for Life for my school's team, and I got in about a half mile with Wes and my camera this evening. Rest tonight will have been earned.

If you were walking my route tonight, you would have noticed:
The little shed:
From Walking on Sunday Evening


The dirty globe light:
From Walking on Sunday Evening


A Dharma van (where's Hurley when you need him?):
From Walking on Sunday Evening


The college:
From Walking on Sunday Evening


Villa Zorayda:
From Walking on Sunday Evening


At first glance, this said "FREE POO." Also: Nice spelling on "MONDAYS."
From Walking on Sunday Evening


Peeling of paint layers makes for great visual textures:
From Walking on Sunday Evening


Out back of the Gigglin' Gator:
From Walking on Sunday Evening


From Walking on Sunday Evening


Sunsets:
From Walking on Sunday Evening

From Walking on Sunday Evening


The brave kitty. The two siblings darted into that hole behind:
From Walking on Sunday Evening


Go out tomorrow, and do something ridiculous. It's fantastic!

2 comments:

sexypoet said...

love that kitten.... something about "parking in the rear" signs just scream funny gay joke to me. hehe

p.s. how are you even moving after almost 50 miles on a bike? and then all that walking??

Magic Pants Jones said...

Well, I'll tell ya...there were screaming feet, ass, and hands for miles 22-38, but after that, it wasn't that bad. I'm a bit weary, though. I need to drop some of this recuperation weight, but my body keeps saying, "Oh, you're biking more. Time to eat!"