Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sunny Days Are Back!


Bad Reputation - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Walking around today, I was listening to The Sound of Young America, with Jesse interviewing Martin Starr, who got his start as Bill on Freaks and Geeks. If you've never listened to TSOYA, click on the Maximum Fun ribbon to the right, and if you've never watched Freaks and Geeks, get yourself over to Netflix.

But when you're all done...I saw things today. Mostly cats and beautiful old houses in disrepair. I'm becoming repetitive here. I need to go on a day trip for new pics. That or spend an evening drawing soon.

It's our old friend, Mr. Peekin' over the flower pot:
From Walking April 7


and his neighbor, Lazy Grass Cat:
From Walking April 7


Somebody loves this green chair. That someone is me:
From Walking April 7


The house at 123 is looking like it needs some love:
From Walking April 7


while this one needs something more than just love...
From Walking April 7

From Walking April 7


I get a little sad, sometimes, editing all of these photos:
From Walking April 7


From Walking April 7


Ahhh, a warm truck hood in the sunlight, great place to bask!
From Walking April 7


Nice colors, kiddo:
From Walking April 7


I will never tire of the spectacular live oak trees here in the south. They are spectacular:
From Walking April 7


Senor Tuxedo hunkered down when he saw me and Wes coming by:
From Walking April 7


I want this house. I never want big houses....I want this one:
From Walking April 7


Sad:
From Walking April 7


More later, apparently, I was confused about a planned time, and I have to rush off!

4 comments:

Awesome Sara said...

i want to save that last house. i love redecocrating and it needs me. i like your small house too. i thought i was the only one who likes small homes!!! they have more life in them.

sexypoet said...

love that tux kitty.. beautiful face!
i cracked up over the shoes hanging on the pole..on the military base, the guys do that alot when they get out. there is one road out there where you see shoes on every powerline.. funny shit to see.
love that big house..

lightning in a bottle said...

the names you christen the kitty is too funny and so apt! the big house would look a million bucks once fixed up. it's too bad that there's so many houses in disrepair where you live.

Magic Pants Jones said...

Sara - I want all the houses, really, but mostly the ones that need work. I can recognize, though, that some here are ridiculously beyond repair.

sexy - We have the best cats here in the Lincolnville part of town. I think it was actually a federal decree. I could be wrong on that one. And the shoes have started showing up lately. That's the third pair I've seen.

lightning - Thanks on the cats, I'm trying to keep it fresh on those days that I don't have a lot to write about. I think I should make blog-fodder my aim each day: "Do something ridiculous enough to write about"
It's funny, even though there are a lot of decrepit buildings here, there are some beautiful homes, neighborhoods, and buildings here. I just happen to be walking one of the areas with more poverty. Ironically, on the same block as some burnt out, boarded up place, you may find a moderately sized house selling for $350K...it's ridiculous.