Sunday, April 5, 2009

Is it obvious that I'm in a Lebowski moment?


Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In.mp3 -



I just finished the book I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski, a birthday present from my friend Nancy, and have put off home organization in favor of watching the movie another time. Now I'm thinking that I need a rug to tie this room together.

In other news, I took lots of pictures today while walking with Wes. And it occurred to me that anyone who reads this blog regularly could probably stalk me very easily. Well, please don't stalk me unless you're harmless. I'm not a big fan of harm.

I love this little shack next to the pretty red and white house:
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


The back of the carriage stables:
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley

From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


I love this building. I wish it had apartments.
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


The back of the old Ice Plant:
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


Wesley, I love you:
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


002:
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


I love how just underneath the surface of this cute little historical town, it's all broken windows and grown-over buildings:
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


I'm supposing people hang out here for recreation after hours. I could be wrong, but it looks like someone's using it:
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley

From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


Hel-lo, Daisies!
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


Down the hole! Where will we end up if we go inside?
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


What's goin' on, horses? Good lunch?
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


Where to, Mr. Cabdriver?
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


What's shakin' Ms. Caterpillar?
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley


And, for the win, it's Teddles, the coolest cat in town. He's playing all sides against the middle. He's fed by at least three houses, when his original owner moved, he stayed on the street. When Wes isn't with me, he's quite friendly.
From Walking on April 5th with Wesley



If you show up at my door, and you're not freaky, I'll buy you a candy bar. I will.

7 comments:

lightning in a bottle said...

i hope you get stalked by very nice harmless people too! then he/she/they can join you on your sojourns out with wes :)

one little simitopian said...

I've not read the book, but I think the movie was very funny...if I'm thinking of the right one- The Big Lebowski?
AAAAAAGGGHHHHH! The Ice building again! I bet it's haunted with the ghosts of ex-insane-asylum patients.

drollgirl said...

cool shots!

and i am living with the big lebowski. truly. sigh.

Magic Pants Jones said...

lightning - Any would be harmless stalker showing up gets a free candy bar. I kind of doubt it happens, though.

simi - I don't think much goes on in the ice building. Though my neighbor Adam was telling me that it used to warehouse movie theater equipment or something.

drollgirl - It could be worse, you could be living with Walter, or maybe Jesus Quintana.

Amber said...

Great Pictures once again. Hope you are enjoying your Spring Break! i might just take you up on the candy bar.

Awesome Sara said...

that is a fantastic pic of wesley!!! just make sure you watch out for farrests. i have a polishing the turd posts on rugs, if you're intereted.

Magic Pants Jones said...

Amber, thanks, I liked your Savannah pics, too. Come on over, I'll buy you any candy bar at Bombay's market.

Sara, I'm staying away from the nihilists, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'd get a rug, but I share my life with a hair machine...