Thursday, April 2, 2009

From this blog...


DARE - Gorillaz

You might guess that my favorite things are, in no particular order:

Bikes, sick and dying buildings, cats, my dog Wesley, animals in general, nature, odd toys, lesbian friends, and a wide variety of music.

And if you were to guess that, you'd be pretty damned close! More of my favorite things tonight, including some more traditional St. Augustiney shots of St. Augustine for Harper, who's going to be going to school here in the fall.

More Lincolnville Cats (I hope that phrase becomes Google searchable one day), they were hanging out this morning before I went to work:
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09

From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09

From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


Bikes!
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


Head on over to Dumas, babies!
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


Two poles:
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


Pot Belly's Theatre...going in there inflames my allergies. But if you want to see a movie after it's left other theatres, this is the place. Also, if you want beer and chips in a musty environment:
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


The Lightner Museum used to be a big hotel here. It, at one time, had the world's largest indoor pool. It was spring fed, and apparently smelled of sulfur. Lovely.
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09

From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


Flagler College:
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


Castle Zorayda:
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


The local Masonic Temple:
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09


Casa Yallaha...a local hostel...is a cheap and nice way to visit here. Also, from their 'private back deck', you can see the house where I live.
From Lincolnville at Dawn and Dusk 4-2-09




As you go about your day, and sometimes it can be difficult, just remember that I think you are cool.

3 comments:

one little simitopian said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!! I love Gorillaz!!!! I think they are bringing out a new album? Hope that's true anyway..
Omigosh, that second cat is just too cute. My brain is exploding!
haha, "Lincolnville Cats" would be a good name for a band methinks :)
There are some lovely buildings there too.

drollgirl said...

you've got some cool shots in there!

Magic Pants Jones said...

I love 'em, too, simi! I don't know about a new album, but they've got a documentary called Gorillaz Go Bananaz (or sump'n like that) coming soon. And that second cat, he lives close to me, so I was surprised to see him over there. I always thought he stuck close to home. He's so affectionate, I look up from photographing cat #1, and there he is trying to nuzzle me.

drollgirl, thank you! I always have nice ideas when I'm taking pictures (or painting or drawing, for that matter), but I'm always pleasantly surprised when it works out, so it's nice to hear when someone else thinks so, too.