Saturday, April 11, 2009

Barriers...


House Where Nobody Lives - Tom Waits

(Why didn't I think of this song for EVERY other post?)

So, today I noticed barriers while I was walking...let me show you what I mean:

First of all, we have a warning, stay away from this garbage, or the Garbage Monster will eat you. I had to be careful. I don't want to be eaten by the Garbage Monster. At least not yet.
From Short Walk with Wes 4-11-09


Upon seeing Wes and me, Puffy Cat puffed up and did his best to look all mean. "Stay back, bitches." He's also, of course, secretly set to sprint, but he doesn't want us to realize this for fear that we may give chase. Seriously, though? He had a chain link fence in between...he had nothing to worry about. Silly Puffy Cat.
From Short Walk with Wes 4-11-09


Nothing says curb appeal like:
From Short Walk with Wes 4-11-09


I stuck my camera lens up to the window of the ice plant. I can't get inside, so this is the best I'm getting:
From Short Walk with Wes 4-11-09

From Short Walk with Wes 4-11-09

From Short Walk with Wes 4-11-09

From Short Walk with Wes 4-11-09

Now I just want to go in and hang out, and use it as an art space. It would be so cool. I know I'm being all starry eyed and idealistic here, but why not? You shouldn't be allowed to sit on a space forever without doing something with it. It's just not right. Let the people use it!

And on that note, I'm working on ideas for a Spitzle contest.

1 comment:

one little simitopian said...

Puffy Cat is the cutest!
I still think that ice place is haunted by dead psych patients.