Monday, March 23, 2009

Your questions answered!

It's time once again for Ask a 3rd Grader, in which you get advice given with the wisdom of an 8 or 9 year old.

Dear 3rd Grader,
I would like to move up with my company, but doing so would require me to move. The pros of this would be I would make more money and be the boss. The cons of this would be I really like where I live (I've lived in this town for 10 years) all my friends are here, and I'm close to my family. Plus I really hate packing, and all the stuff that goes along with moving. But I will never move up in the company unless I do this, and I'm very good at my job, and I'm ready to be the boss. What do you think I should do?
Thanks,
Brooke Amanda
Dear Brooke Amanda,
You should just pack your bags and get out since money is a big part of our lives at this time.
You friend,
Jakob
__
Dear Brooke Amanda,
I would just stay where you live because I think it doesn't make sense to leave your family. It's like leaving a dog on the street.
Sincerely,
Hannah
PS: That was a VERY good question!




Dear 3rd Grader,
What makes a good person?????
Thanks,
Sara
Dear Sara,
It depends on how you ask the question. But in general, I say you should follow the six pillars of character: Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, Citizenship, and Trustworthiness.
Your Friend,
Jakob




Dear 3rd Grader,
What is the best way to break the news to my husband that he just bought me a really, really, REALLY expensive new vehicle for my Birthday? He is in Iraq right now, and I have to break the news to him over the phone.
Thanks,
Keri

Dear Keri,
In your letter to me, you said that your husband is in Iraq, and you just bought a really expensive car with your husband's money for your birthday, and you need to tell him over the phone. Don't go like, "Hey, I just bought a car!" Say it slow and sweet, so he understands you better, and tell him that it'll last long, and that you really like it. Go easy, and tell him that you love him.
Love,
Julia
__
Dear Keri,
I think you should just tell him. I think it will be OK.
Your friend,
Natalie




Dear 3rd Grader,
My dog Otis is a very large dog, and he tries to push me around and be dominant. How can I gain back control of him and teach him to respect me as his leader?
Thanks,
Keri

Dear Keri,
Maybe you should tell him who's boss. So you should ignore him if he messes up. Also pat him on the head if he's good.
Your friend,
Natalie



8 comments:

lightning in a bottle said...

omg, this collection of ask a 3rd grader is awesome!!

erm, are you sure jakob is 8 or 9?

drollgirl said...

these are so cute. just so cute. i am not around kids that often, and it is amazing to hear what comes out of their mouths.

sexypoet said...

please thank miss julia and miss natalie for me.. let them know that the husband was completely fine with me buying a new car. he even wanted to see pictures.

also miss natalie's advice with otis sounds great! i'm going to try what she said and i'll let her know if it works..

these kids are amazing!!!

Awesome Sara said...

omg. i am floored. i think thats pretty awesome advice. all of them. that jakob kid, i think he needs his own talk show and a line of self help books.

Magic Pants Jones said...

lightning, I swear Jake is 9. He rocks, doesn't he?

drollgirl, I think they listen to us more than we realize, and they're pretty good at distilling the b.s.

sexypoet, I will pass along the thanks. Those are two of the coolest girls in the world. Seriously, if I was allowed to, I'd totally put them up on the site. When I have some fun video of them on our class blog, I'll point y'all to it.

Sara, I think Jakob's talk show would be super fun. He's very grown up about some things, but he'd be the first to tell you that he can also be a total nut, too.

brookeamanda said...

Tell Hannah and Jakob thanks! I think I am going to take Hannah's advice and stay where I am. Money isn't everything :) I loved all their answers to the different questions. Kids are so honest!

Cassey said...

This is seriously cute, i love children! i adore their innocence and honesty. i wonder what would i ask a 3rd grader, i still feel like one :p

Magic Pants Jones said...

brookeamanda, I told them what you did. I think you made a good choice, too.

Cassey, perhaps something about LDRs? Relationship advice from little kids can be fun, and eye-opening.