Sunday, March 22, 2009

Picture Farm

Later tonight, if all goes well, I'll have more thoughts for you. Things to chew on, maybe even pictures, but for now, it's things I saw while walking around my neighborhood and listening to Sons and Daughters.


Chains - Sons and Daughters

Today I found...

Stairs with character...
From Walking 3-22


A fantastic house (I want to hang out with these people)...
From Walking 3-22


The most charming sign, but I have to ask...how do you keep cats out of a yard? If you're not looking, they pretty much do what they want...
From Walking 3-22


Gorgeously peeling fence:
From Walking 3-22


Such a charming carport area:
From Walking 3-22


Hello!
From Walking 3-22

If this screen were not here, I would come and greet you.
From Walking 3-22


The armoire that came in the box that's blocking the window was made in Vietnam.
From Walking 3-22


Hello!
From Walking 3-22


Why do I love bottle collections?
From Walking 3-22


From Walking 3-22


Again, penalties for owners that allow their buildings to sit vacant, its time to fill buildings or tear 'em down! Too many new buildings and too many homeless. Come ON, people, let's start a revolution!
From Walking 3-22


And for all who love the old falling apart (and theoretically being restored) school:
From Walking 3-22

From Walking 3-22

From Walking 3-22

From Walking 3-22

From Walking 3-22


If you need it, I will buy you a tin of Sucrets. Y'know, if your throat is sore. Just let me know.



7 comments:

Awesome Sara said...

that house!!! fan-freakin-tastic!!!

lightning in a bottle said...

likin the carport area picture. looks so airport hangar-ish! kinda retro, kinda jetsons futuristic at the same time.

lightning in a bottle said...

my FAVOURITE sons & daughters song: dance me in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqJazSEfVT4

sexypoet said...

OMG!! i LOVVVVVE that cute lil kitten. i wanna hug him and squeeze him and name him george.. kitteh and dgooie stay away sign too funny and, your right, cats go wherever the fuck they please..

that school looks like it could be haunted.. BTW thanks fot the light house.. =)

Magic Pants Jones said...

Sara - I know! And it was a really cool couple inside. I want to move to that part of the neighborhood.

lightning - I'm glad you liked that pic. I really liked that carport, too, but I debated about whether or not to post it...it looks so optimistic, doesn't it? Oh, and I hadn't heard dance me in yet, I guess I need to head over to Amazon and buy that album, too. Amazon's mp3 store loves me.

sexy - I wanted to hang out with the kitteh....very cute, and whoever made that sign has some real style! You'd think someone like that would be a cat person.

That school probably is haunted, I think it's a Catholic school. And YW for the lighthouse.

drollgirl said...

I LOVE YOUR PICTURES!

Magic Pants Jones said...

Thanks, drollgirl! Y'all* keep making my day.

*That 'y'all' is totally said with my northern accent...I may live in the south, but I don't really fit in with southern culture.