Monday, March 16, 2009

In which Wes meets the city's horses...


Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend

My walk today with Wes involved garbage picking with my neighbor Adam, and a visit with the carriage horses that truck all of our tourists around. One of them was super big. You'll see what I mean.

Amongst other songs today in my headphones, was Vampire Weekend. Good times.


St. Augustine Awning Company...a sign in their driveway says they've moved, it looks like the carriage company houses stuff in the building now.
From Around my block

From Around my block

From Around my block


I love the abandoned stuff:
From Around my block


Great sunset:
From Around my block


My neighbor, Adam, and I picked through some old office trash, but I couldn't find anything that I wanted enough to take home.
From Around my block


Wes was nose to nose with these characters. Unfortunately, all of those shots were horribly blurry. After a few sniffs, he seemed to be trying to get them riled up in play. I'm not sure if he understands horses. I fed them some weeds from just outside the fence. They're really friendly.
From Around my block


From Around my block


For a sense of perspective, this fence is six feet tall. This boy is
huge.
From Around my block


From Around my block


Last pic of the night...very thick bamboo down the street from me, along with a cool old tractor:
From Around my block


You are swell, be brave.


6 comments:

sexypoet said...

that horse is gorgeous! (and yet another animal with it's head over a fence) you must be the animal whisperer. =)

Magic Pants Jones said...

Well, mayyyybe....these horses were all pretty friendly. I kept worrying about my flash, but I'm sure these guys're used to it, they were unflappapable.

It was so cute how the other three all wanted to touch noses with Wes.

sexypoet said...

did wes's playful puppy side come out?? i love it when they drop their chest to the floor and bark and hop around.. dogs can be so funny!
are these horses always there? or are they new to that area? maybe they liked having their picture taken..

Magic Pants Jones said...

Oh yeah, it was the, "Well, come on then, let's do it," bark from Wes. It was adorable except for the fact that a clear photo of touching noses would've been 100 times cuter. I also didn't want him getting in trouble with the stable hands.

And yeah, they're always there. We just never go to that side of the street because there's no sidewalk, and it took me so long to train him not to bark at the carriages as they go by.

drollgirl said...

i loved those abandoned place shots. old and decaying and rotting gives a lot of character.

Awesome Sara said...

wes and horses! love it!!!! i was shocked they didnt eat you when you used your flash on them