Wednesday, March 18, 2009


I'm Sorry I Love You - Magnetic Fields

Another trip around my part of town...I'm taking different streets all the time. Today on the walk, I met some people, saw some buildings I haven't seen before, and stepped in Wes poop. Good times. I'm really starting to relish the walks around each evening. They're a great cool down after physical therapy, and it's a nice way to spend time with Wes.

Tomorrow, though, new drawings.

Our town was a civil rights hot spot, and so all over, there are signs about strategy, planning, speeches by Jackie Robinson, and visits from Martin Luther King, Jr. I felt like I had to take at least one shot of one of the signs:
From Another Day in Lincolnville


Somebody's artwork sitting on the front porch:
From Another Day in Lincolnville


From Another Day in Lincolnville


This cat, Lilly, is friends with two women, Michelle and Shannon. Lilly was afraid of Wes, even though she was on the railing of a balcony:
From Another Day in Lincolnville


From Another Day in Lincolnville


Crunchy!
From Another Day in Lincolnville


From Another Day in Lincolnville


I stepped in Wes-poop while backing up to get a better angle on this fence & tree:
From Another Day in Lincolnville


Hitler cat says hello:
From Another Day in Lincolnville


One wary cat:
From Another Day in Lincolnville


From Another Day in Lincolnville


Side buildings of Excelsior High School:
From Another Day in Lincolnville


From Another Day in Lincolnville


Love the fence, love the pink and turquoise together:
From Another Day in Lincolnville


Horses will climb on anything (wtf?):
From Another Day in Lincolnville


From Another Day in Lincolnville


Just before I got home, I met Johnathan and his Miniature Australian Shepherd, Roosevelt:
From Another Day in Lincolnville



Did you know that I think you're clever? I do.




9 comments:

sexypoet said...

i have 3 favorites tonight..

1. i LOVE the connamon toast crunch box cutout in the window.. that is great way to fix the broken blinds..

2. i adore the big, fat, lumpy kitteh. (the first one)

3. i love hitler kitteh.

i also have to add that i think it's hysterical you stepped in poop. lol

sexypoet said...

oops.. that was supposed to CINNAMON in #1.

brookeamanda said...

I LOVE the pic of the birdbath with all the toys in it! Your town is so pretty and has so much history. Mine, sadly, does not. Most of it is new constuction :(

lightning in a bottle said...

hitler cat. buh-rilliant.

Anonymous said...

it was nice to meet you, great pics. this neighborhood is so fun to explore and there are endless opportunities for visual documentation. see you around Lincolnville!! Lilly's friend Shannon :)

Michele said...

So fun to see your blog- thanks for sharing! Maybe we'll see you on another walk around the town. This is quite an eclectic place!
Lily's momma,
Michele

drollgirl said...

i love to go for walks and check out the houses and scenery and just be OUTSIDE! i have to start doing that more and bring my camera, like you do.

i hope you keep it up. good stuff, man!!!

Awesome Sara said...

i like the song! lovely pics as usual, and the cats are cute

Magic Pants Jones said...

Thanks everyone! I'm really enjoying the walks!

sexy - Seeing that cereal box made my day, stepping in Wes-poop, however was awful. I've got the shoes sitting on the back porch even now.

brookeamanda - Thanks, but I'll bet you can find something worth photographing in your area. Even the mundane and the banal can be interesting if you look at them with a jaded enough eye.

thanks, lightning!

Shannon & Michele, thanks for your friendliness. Oh, and I'm sorry for spelling Lily's name (and Michele's) with 2 l's. St. Augustine does rock for things to see, especially if you get away from all the official things to see. I'm sure we'll bump into each other again.

drollgirl and Sara - I'm always happy to have art and design blog friends dig my work.

Y'all (I'm pretending to be a southerner) aresome great people, thanks for reading!