I had the brace off all day today, and wow. It's funny, when I had to wear it, I felt good when it was off, even after a particularly hard session of PT. Now that I've had it off for a day and a half...I was sore by 9:30 this morning. It was Dull-Achesville from then on. My doc did say that my CT-scan looked a bit of a mess, and I should be feeling more pain than I seem to. Honestly, though, it was never bad, it's just annoying...less so than the brace though.
I've got tickets to the Harvest of Hope for this weekend. It's a music festival of indie rock and hipster hip-hop to benefit migrant workers in our area. The fest has a surprisingly good lineup. I'm excited about both Saturday and Sunday evenings (I'm not staying all day...I'll be dead after, if I try). My only problem is that I'm finding it hard to choose between acts on Sunday night. They two biggest stages both have great acts lined up at the same time. Am I supposed to not like both indie rock and hip hop?
Here are my choices, broken down by time:
* At 4:15, I'm free, schedule-wise, to check out Murs. I'm not a big fan, but figured if Jim Mahfood likes his stuff, he's probably alright.
* At 5ish...it's Tigercity (who I've never heard of), or Kool Keith...this is a wash, but I'm kinda leaning toward Tigercity because they sound kinda fun.
* I kinda wanted to see Ra Ra Riot at the 6 o'clock slot. I like their stuff, but I'm also a fan of Diplo's work. He produced a lot of MIA's stuff, and I love those albums, so I'm really torn. Listening to both again on YouTube, I'm leaning Diplo at the moment. I'ma need some Tylenol when this is through!
* 7:30 kills me because I'd get a kick out of seeing KRS One, but the Black Kids put on a great show, so it's the local kids for me.
* 9ish? Gaslight Anthem vs. the GZA. I'm cool with either. I like smart, edgy, hip hop, but good indie rock is important too...I also wanna be at the rock stage for the 10 o'clock show, so I'm prolly goin' Gaslight.
* 10 - The National vs. GZA/Kool Keith/Inspectah Deck/Keith Murray/& Special Guests. I love The National, so as much fun as all of the free stylin' is gonna be, I'm finishing out the night with the National.
Be brave everyone, life can do some unexpected stuff. Remember, the future is NOW.
Postcards From Paris
1 week ago