Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Saturday Morning Walk


Walking in Los Angeles - Kate Micucci


I went for another walk with Wes this morning, and realized how much more character my part of town has than the rest.

On our way away from the house, we met this character, very brave behind his fence:
From Saturday, March 21


As I get closer to the water, the houses get bigger. They're nice places, but the neighborhoods don't seem to have any life. I couldn't find any pictures I wanted to take. That changed as I made my way back into Lincolnville.
From Saturday, March 21


Everything gets better then.
This character was lounging on the top of a car, and looked very interested when we stopped:
From Saturday, March 21


The last existing slave cabin in St. Augustine:
From Saturday, March 21


I don't know the lady who lives here, but I love her. Her yard has even more blue things than this:
From Saturday, March 21

From Saturday, March 21

From Saturday, March 21


#98 needs some love. I wish that people who own abandoned houses would have some impetus to use or lose these places if they stay boarded up more than a certain amount of time. Because not only does it look sad, but studies show that neighborhoods can spiral because things look like they're not being taken care of.
From Saturday, March 21

From Saturday, March 21


Did you know? PJ <3>
From Saturday, March 21


From Saturday, March 21

From Saturday, March 21


From Saturday, March 21


Outdoor cat:
From Saturday, March 21

Indoor cat:
From Saturday, March 21


The old school:
From Saturday, March 21


Slated for demolition:
From Saturday, March 21


On MLK Street:
From Saturday, March 21


And this elusive guy stood still long enough for this shot in my driveway.
From Saturday, March 21






Let's get together for pizza sometime.

5 comments:

drollgirl said...

i just love your pictures. i know that rundown homes lead to blight and all sorts of trouble, but they have so much character and make one think about a lot of things. and they make you want to go in and clean them up, paint the, and just make them all better. even in a sad state most of them still look better than all the mcmansions you find nowadays!

lightning in a bottle said...

this song by kate kate is the purr-fect song to listen to as one scrolls down the pics.

great pics of lincolnville. up here in van, it's too citified to look like these neighbourhoods.

sexypoet said...

what a great photo of the squirrel.. i also love all the no tresspassing and loitering signs and the fact that your taking pics of them.. hehe.. as always, love the dogs and kittehs..

if your feeling really ambitious one day and really go for a far walk, please get some pics of the haunted lighthouse for me...

Magic Pants Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magic Pants Jones said...

drollgirl...I love them, too, and I want to get in and scrape paint, and polish the floors, and all that fun. I wish that there were a way to liberate them all from the people who want too much money for them. Seriously, you've seen the places in this neighborhood. So many of them are attempting to be sold for $250K and up. It's ridiculous.

but lightning, there're neat pics to be taken in Vancouver, too, I just know it. And Kate is great! Her whole ep is good. Lots of ukulele. I still need to get out and take lessons with mine.

sexy...I'm telling you, the lighthouse doesn't look very haunted during good photography hours. And it's a bit of a haul to there on foot. Maybe this will tide you over...St. Auggy Lighthouse