Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yum:

IKEA Lingonberry Preserves + Trefoils Girl Scout Cookies = Deliciousness:
From Lingonberry Shortbread


Shortbread cookies are tasty, but they're so buttery, and sometimes that sort of thing leaves your tongue feeling like it's got a coating.

Lingonberry Preserves are tasty, but are a lot like what I think cranberry preserves might be like: a little tangy.

Tangyness and butteryness? How's that for complementing? They cancel out the overwhelm, allowing each other's greatness to come out.

Keep it up Lingonberries and Trefoils!

5 comments:

sexypoet said...

sounds yummy.. although my cranberry/pineapple preserves would be much better on those. =)

lightning in a bottle said...

that does look lip smacking.

another great combo: scones, strawberry jam and clotted cream. with tea.

best eaten on a bright and lazy sunday morning.

Awesome Sara said...

shut up!!! i just had a few of these for breakfast no more than 6mins. ago!!! the butter cookies were different but same jam!

Magic Pants Jones said...

sexy p: Better, hmm? Well, it does sound very tasty.

lightning: I've never had clotted cream, and I'm not a tea fan, but after looking at clotted cream on wikipedia, it your recipe sounds delicious.

Sara: That's a very strange coincidence.

Looking at the products at Ikea, I think I would be content to have all my products come with foreign names. I'm very happy that my new desk-side shelf is a Lerberg, and I still wish I had bought some Svenska LantChips.

one little simitopian said...

Lingonberries. What now? I've never heard of those! They LOOK yummy. I would never think to put jam on cookies (or biscuits/ bikkies as we call them here in Aus) either. Hmmmmmmmm.....must try!