Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's always the same...

After everything's settled down, the rest of the time is ache. Compound it this time with an especially tough workout at PT, and I've sat the day with a serious case of sore back, thighs, and arms. And now, 24 hours later, I'm still achey, but it's starting to go away.

I'd like to take another day off, but after using 6 years worth of banked sick time with a broken back, I just can't afford it anymore. Not with a doctor's appointment next week.

So tomorrow, I'm back to 'normal.' I'll eat blandly, and take it easy, and probably cancel my PT appointment, but I have to go back. Good times. Oh, and maybe I'll post something interesting. Since you've taken the time to read this, I'll throw in some old artwork of mine. Enjoy!

An old window shade that I spent a fun evening covering with doodles:
From June 05 Portfolio Additions


The stenciled skate deck by my kitchen counter:
From June 05 Portfolio Additions


The first painting I did graffiti style, on cardboard because elementary school teacher plus vandalism arrest = no more a teacher:
From June 05 Portfolio Additions


One of my favorite window paintings. This one sold a long time ago, and I kinda wish I still had it:
From June 05 Portfolio Additions

4 comments:

sexypoet said...

sucks that your sore but at least PT is working for ya. i broke my back 8 years ago and still suffer everyday with horrid pain. (PT never helped me much less anything else, including having surgery so many times i've lost count)
anywhooo.. glad your at least feeling a little better now. since they say "laughter is the best medicine", go check out my boring blog when you have some free time. i have some really funny youtube videos that are sure to put a smile on anyones face. (especially the evolution of dance one)
BTW, great art work!

lightning in a bottle said...

ooh, really like the window painting! nice!

glad you're back (somewhat) in the land of the living :)

remember: every day that goes by is one day closer to becoming better.

Awesome Sara said...

I love the skateboard!! I'm glad your feeling better. I hate the letters P&T and what they stand for. BOO.

drollgirl said...

oh, i love the first and the last!!!!