Thursday, November 13, 2008

Open Letter to President Elect Obama

President-elect Obama,

Congratulations on your election.
They asked what a community organizer does. You answered the question, not with words, but with action. You organized the best campaign I've seen in my lifetime.

They talked about leadership, they talked about experience. What they didn't understand is that the mobilization, the inspiration that you carried are some of the most powerful forms of leadership there are.

So now, I ask you, I beg you...keep it up. Inspire us. Use us. We don't always see what needs being done. Sometimes we're too caught up in trivialities, true, but sometimes life gets in the way, and we're so used to being asked to continue shopping that we don't think, "What can I do to help?"

You had so many of us asking what we can do to help you get elected. I promise you, we are the same people who will help you to make our country more like its promises.

Mr. President, what can we do to help?

Thank you so very much,

No comments: