Friday, June 6, 2008

Things I'm Liking

1. The End of School
It's funny. I'm not thrilled to be done with the year, and with school summer mini camps, I'll still be here for the first six weeks of summer, but I am happy overall. And here's why: My students are so done. The good ones are being good, it's true, but the crazy ones, can I just send them home early? Just skip the last three days, kids. You there's nothing academic left, and your behavior is totally lacking, so just stay home. And then we'll party on Monday, and clean on Tuesday, and chill on Wednesday. The only downside to the end is doing all of the year-end paperwork BS. Blah.

2. honeyhoney
I've only got their 5 song ep, 'loose boots.' but I love it. Little Toy Gun is a great song with some very cool guitar, and the explicitly lyric-ed Thursday Night is my song of the moment. It is consistently stuck in my head.
3. I feel like dancing and meeting people. It's funny, I've become such a homebody. Perhaps I've got the itch. Is this related to my love for the song Thursday Night? Maybe so.

4. Feeling better on the bike.
I was so miserable on the 2nd day of the Tour de Cure, and sure, we could blame the heat, but I think a lot of it has to do with the previous weekend's food poisoning. Ugh. Being so sick is really awful, and I'm glad it's over, but it really messed me up longer than I expected. Wednesday night, though, I felt great, and it makes me not feel sad when I look at my bike now.


5. Jelly Belly Sport Beans
This seems like such a dorky idea for sports food, but I have to say, the sport bean has a lot going for it on a long, hot bike ride. In hot weather, energy gels just seem nasty. The beans travel well, though, deliver the same energy and nutritional punch, and they make my mouth water. Way to go, sports beans!

No comments: