Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I know we need it...

That's what everyone says. Oh, we really need this rain. Well, poop. Wouldn't it be nice, wouldn't it be wonderful, if we DID get the rain, but just overnight? Like in Camelot? I mean sure. Plants need to grow. Water tables need to be replenished. Fires need to be averted. But still, how is one to plan for the afternoon if we're back on the old schedule...sometime in the late afternoon or early evening, it's a big thunderstorm.

I'm not completely ungrateful. In addition to the aforementioned benefits, I know that thunderstorm are fun to watch, and it does cool down tremendously after the afternoon storm. That being the case, it makes it awfully hard to plan on riding my bike to any sort of place in the afternoon or evening.

Poop, I say, poop.

AND NOW: Puzzle of the week:

(fill in the blank, baby)

d _ g (one of my students came up with this as a joke)

Here's a hint:

1 comment:

Surfer Nancy said...

Where is that gorgeous background? Could it be Geneva?